- is the system or application under Test
- is the highest level container of all test artifiacts
- contains one or more Test System Version
- represents a single and complete transaction such as "perform Google Search", "create new customer" or "login user"
- contains one or more Test Steps
- is a single action such as "enter search text" or "click search button"
- always references a Keyword
- is an action on a Control Element such as "Click search button"
- in some cases, Keywords may require Data e.g. "Write text in Search input text box" requires "text to search" data
- always references a Control Element
- may or may not reference Data
- is a UI element such as a button or text box or a hyperlink or a table cell
- e.g. on page https://www.google.com, "search input text box" or "search button" are Control Elements
- is identified by ID or XPATH or NAME e.g. //input[@name="q"] or //button[@name='btnG']
- verifies the outcome of a Test Step
- is attached to a Test Step
- it can check for existence of value retrieved by Test Step, or compare with specific value or value obtained in a previous Test Step
- scope of verification step is limited to steps of containing Test Case
- e.g. verify Login Success or verify Login Failed